From the blacktop to the golf course. designer Tommy Hilfiger has the streets covered. His namesake casual wear is worn by rap, rock. teen. and sports stars and fans. and. these days. many of them arc women. Tommy designs. sources, makes, and markets men’s and women’s sportswear and denim wear. as well as athletic wear. children’s wear, and accessories. Through extensive licensing deals (almost 40 product lines). Tommy also offers products such as fragrances. belts, bedding, home furnishings. and cosmetics. As of 2009, the company’s clean-cut clothing is sold in major department and specialty stores as well as some 180 Tommy Hilfiger shops and outlets. With “.ucha large empire. it is no wonder that Fred Gehring. CEO and president of Tommy Hilfiger, is always kept busy trying to make sure the company does not forger the most
important aspect of its business-satisfying consumers’ needs!
The Marketing ResearchDecisions
1. What sources of secondary data should Tommy Hilfiger consult to keep informed about apparel fashion trends?
2. What sources of syndicated data would be useful?
3. Discuss the role of the type of research you recommend in enabling Fred Gehring and Tommy Hilfiger to keep abreast of apparel fashion trends.
The Marketing Management Decision
1. In order to enhance the appeal of Tommy Hilfiger clothing to the fashion-conscious consumer, what marketing actions should Fred Gehrig lake?
2. Discuss how the marketing management decision action that you recommend to Fred Gehrig is influenced by the secondary sources of data that you suggested earlier and by the content of information they provide
SPSS Maps integrates seamless with SPSS base menus, enabling you to map a variety of data. You can choose from six base thematic maps, or create other maps by combining map options. Maps can be further customized using the SPSS Syntax Editor. Such maps can be used for a variety of purposes, including interpreting sales and other data geographically to determine where
the biggest customers are located, displaying sales trends for specific geographic locations, using buying trend information to determine the ideal location for now company stores, and so on.